Wednesday 15 October 2014

25th ANNIVERSARY CARD

Hello my lovelies, just dropping in for a wee bit, I've been real crazy busy at my desk doing a few things at a time again, I have been so inspired by all of you amazing artist who kindly visit my crazy nest.
The new challenge with the Dragons is with feathers, well you can guess I was flapping my feathers all over my room, I'll save that for my next post, oh and I'm working on a special box eekkss that's  been some big fun. Enough nattering :).
On to my card, a Lady at swimming asked me to make a 25th anniversary card for the gang at swimming, to sign...


This was pretty basic, I used a 12 x 12 sheet of my botanical pad, I used a plain sheet for the base, stamped on it with some script, and one of my favorite sentiment. I cut out another embossed page in strips for the design on the top and bottom edged everything with pomegranate stamping up ink.


I tore this piece from a bought card from my stash , edged it with the pomegranate ink, and used worn lipstick on the inside, it makes the words stand out better.



I cut the hearts in the frame out from another card in my stash, stenciled in the 2 and 5 in white, gold and black, I roughed up the frame with my finger nail ,I have very hard ones, my tools :) .. Then inked it with mowed lawn. I added a few pearls from the dollar store..



The back needed some weight, I cut out the embossed lace from the same paper, it's lovely paper. I added some dots along the top of the lace with my faber castell  big white pen..


I added a small sentiment inside, leaving lots of room for all the signatures.
I"ll be around when I'm taking breaks from my desk, it's calling to me right now, really, I have to gesso my cardboard box..
 My buddy Sheila is off this weekend, I and my friend Jan gathered a bunch of gorgeous maple leafs, Sheila and I are going to make some roses out of them, I'm real excited about that..
Hope you all have a wonderful creative week,  ((( BIG HUGS ))).

                                            NAMASTE!!!

5 comments:

Glenda said...

This is so pretty! Love that you are using bits and pieces from other cards! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

Wonderful card again Dianne,you really are so very thoughtful too making your cards for all your friends :)

Big hugs
Donna xxx

Redanne said...

I just love the way your mind works Dianne, this is beautiful and well done for recycling too! Love it! Hugs, Anne xx

Julie Lee said...

Dianne, once again, I'm so sorry for having missed this! What lovely creations you make with your inspired and inspiring upcycling! Well done for flying always on the wings of imagination!!! xxx

Sue Lelli said...

Fantastic card for you all to sign! LOVE the heart with the 25 and the sentiment! You are so Sweet to make this!