Sunday 6 July 2014

NEW CARD


Hello my Lovelies, thanks for stopping by my nest, I've been a busy magpie at my desk repairing earring from a couple of ladies at water fit. Four of us went out for lunch after swimming on Thurs. to an old restaurant on Lake Ontario, Hutches, it has been running since the early 50's in the summers, home made fries and fish, burgers. It is beautiful around the lake. I forgot my camera, next time. We had a grrrreat time lots of laughs, my friend Mildred ask me to make a get well card for her niece, I thought I would make her something she could keep, they are very close..
I went for a butterfly and flower theme, who doesn't love those, and a few sentiments...

This is it, standing up no holder needed...



I started out with a brown paper envelope and cover it with paper I decorated, cut into 3 pieces to allow the folds, easier that way for me..

 I painted a sheet of 12x12  with watered gesso, stamped Thinking of you in different scripts and butterflies with Momento black ink,
stamped a flower in Stamping up, pomegranate made circles with the pomegranate and watered gesso..

 I colored a half a die cut butterfly with gold ink, added a sentiment, colored some silk ribbon and stamped it, glued it under the paper....

The inside paper I painted with watery gesso, the paper was lovely so I wanted to still see it.
I used Tim's strips stencil, inking it up with pomegranate and rusty hinge, spraying it with water then laying it down
I stamped the window with the word Faith, I added Love on the inside.

 I love the way Miss Julie Ann added this sentiment using the words individually, making each word count, I like to live in the moment...

 I have loooooooved how Miss Butterfly has been creating her water color paper with her amazing edges, I tried it with this lovely sentiment, a sweet flower and butterfly from my stash.


 I added a tiny card adding more texture for the sentiments..

                                  The inside the tiny card.

Thanks for visiting, letting me share my latest creation, I'm loving these envelope cards, thanks everyone for all your inspiration, I couldn't do it with out you..  ((( BIG HUGS)))...
                             
                                                NAMASTE!!!

9 comments:

Inky and Quirky Designs said...

What a beautiful creation,such a lot of thought has gone into that,I am sure the recipient will adore it :)

Hugs
Donna x

Redanne said...

Your card is so beautiful Dianne, I love the butterfly stamping on the outside, the sentiments on the inside are perfect for the occasion too. You have put together a very thoughtful card! Anne xx

Glenda said...

You are so clever and this is really amazing. I love the design and those colors are perfect!

Anonymous said...

So many beautiful details such as the frames with the stamped words, meaningful words and also that sweet little card with the bird and butterfly and that gorgeous piece of ribbon - a beautiful and meaningful keepsake card.
Wishes
Lynne

Julie Lee said...

This is a card that will be treasured for years to come, I'm sure. I love the colours you've chosen, they have a beautiful, calming feel. That sentiment is lovely, isn't it? I love it cut up like that. It always gives me such a buzz when you give me a 'shout out'.I am honoured, truly, if you are inspired by me Dianne - I'm certainly always truly inspired by you! You, Butterfly,Patty Magpie and LynneBowsandBells figure among some of my favourite artists: I think it was you who opened my eyes to their lovely work too. Your little bird - well - how could I not fall in love with him? A lovely post that filled my heart with joy! Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

another lovely creation colourfuland put together well so thoughtful definitly a keepsake for years

Julia Aston said...

First - let me say Dianne that I love your new blog header - what a marvelous creation that is! love the metal and the ripped card board - beautiful! And your little booklet card is lovely - I bet your friend's niece will treasure this for some time to come! Great design and nice techniques used!

Words and Pictures said...

An absolutely beautiful card, Dianne - I adore the colours layered over the brown envelope - there's such depth and beauty to the backgrounds - and all the stamping looks gorgeous. Love what you've done with those torn edges! This is a showstopping card!
Alison xx

Sue Lelli said...

BEAUTIFUL stamping and sentiments and colors! Outstanding creation!