Thursday 27 March 2014

MY BRO'S BD TILE

Hello my lovelies, thought I'd show the tile I made for my DB it's going in the post tomorrow, it's not perfect but my redneck brother will like it LOL...



I made this a few months ago, with inks and stamps, on water color paper, it's was quite large, after I cut it down, I decided to cut it up and make a big tile out of it, I cover them with 7 coats of podge..

 I cut all the pieces, glued 1/4 in cardboard  on the back of each piece to give it depth, glued them to a board, grouted it with colored molding paste I mixed up with some water colors..
 Don't ask me how it ended up with a piece out of place, so trying to frame it shesh I tried everything I had, I ended up wrapping jute around it 6 times with hot glue, you can still see the crooked piece..
 Since he's a woodsy guy, I added some twigs on top, it's still a little wonky but that's okay, I like the natural elements...
Thanks for visiting my nest, I've done my tag for the new challenge at the dragons den, I'll post it later still have to take photo's of it, then back to my box, that went on the back burner while I had to make the tag, you all know when you get in the flow you have to go with it...                        ((( BIG HUGS )))

                                         NAMASTE !!!!

9 comments:

May said...

Hi Dianne, you made me laugh with your redneck brother quote....bless him he clearly loves the outdoors and you have captured it beautifully... Love the scene & the tiles , colours are perfect...great use of the natural elements around this fabulous creation... he will Love it I'm sure... Hugs May x x x

Redanne said...

I cannot see any bits out of place, it looks beautiful to me, wonderful colours and a gorgeous scene! I bet your brother will love this. Thanks so much for your very generous comment on my box too. Hugs, Anne xx

Candy C said...

Dianne...this is a very cool idea! I love that you created your own mosaic look with paper and cardboard then added a "grout". That is very clever indeed! Thank you so much for your always lovely comments on my blog. YOU make me fee so good and so smart when it comes to creating! haha I love your enthusiasm for my projects. YOU know how to make someone's day! Enjoy your weekend!<3 Candy

Julie Lee said...

I so agree with Candy! You always make my day with your comments, dear Magpie cousin! And I'm sure you'll make your DB's day with this! It's such a wonderful celebration of Nature. These tiles remind me of the British Arts and Crafts Movement tiles created by folks like William Morris. The colours are superb and it's so full of joyous movement. I can't see the out of place piece at all; it all looks wonderful. Julie Ann xxx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous Dianne! You have transformed the original beautifully! Chrisx

Sue Lelli said...

Your mind is just so CREATIVE my friend! LOVE the mosaic with the grout and how you wrapped the jute around it 6 times! Fabulous creation for an outdoor guy!

Darnell said...

It's always a pleasure to fly in and nest with you a while Ms. Magpie Dianne! Your work is always stunning! I think Redneck Bro is going to swoon in his waders over this awesome tile outdoor scene you have created using paper and cardboard and even faux grout. Genius!!

Thank you for all the love you leave me at the Playhouse! I appreciate you!! Mwah! Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

Words and Pictures said...

As someone very wise once said, "embrace imperfection"... it's those little quirks that give a piece its personality, and this has got that in heaps. A wonderful creation, full of creativity, love and care, and I'm sure your brother will love it.
Alison x

Terry said...

I just love the "Redneck Brother" remark and I do believe he will love his card! To me I see a forest of dreams! Love the depth and tile effect as well as the nature colors! Hugs to you and hope you are having a most wonderful day!