Sunday 2 February 2014

STENCIL AND TAGS


Hello my lovelies just dropping in to show you some of what I have been doing..
 I cut out 2 stencils, one big feather and 4 small ones for backgrounds, I used these 3 feathers to draw them then used my hot knife to cut them out, then I used some of my golden paste on a water color paper, hope you can see them..
 Now my 6 tags, I gessoed over them then added some of Tim's inks. I had bought a bunch of Tim's distressed inks from eBay, this was over 10 years ago, I got 6 different browns, I used the vintage photo and tea dye, and walnut stain, I gave one to my friend. the other 2 have been sitting in a box, I thought I might as well use them too, eeeekkkkks, they were frayed burlap and brush corduroy, I have been seeing everyone using them, I was so excited, they were kind of dried out a bit but enough for me to use them, they are the ones I covered the tags with..
 I dropped some water on them..
 Sponged the brushed corduroy through sequin waste..
 I was having trouble getting my paints to stick, I used a couple of brown paints, tried swirling, didn't work, I let it dry, mixed some white and brown, trying to make beige, then pounced the paint through my feather stencils, I still didn't like them so I sprayed some orange spray I had made ages ago, then let it drip, still don't like them..
This is the other side, I don't like them, so I will put these away maybe for another project and start again with beer mats, I made a gelli plate today and will play with it, more about that on Wed.
Thanks for stopping by, hope you all have a wonderful week.

                                            NAMASTE!!!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Love reading about your creative endeavors! Keep it up. You a definitely an inspiration.

Redanne said...

Well done for using your distress inks, I absolutely love 'the other side' ones, you have done a brilliant job on those. I am sure you will find a way to use them, distress inks take a while to grow on you, but I bet they will! Hugs, Anne xx

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Playing like this, even when results miss out expectations, is a wonderfully creative experience ~ and we usually learn so much from our playful "mistakes." I'm sure you'll make them work. And, for what it's worth, I think they're fab!

Glenda said...

When I hit a slump, I make flowers or experiment. So when you have an experiment that didn't turn out the way you envisioned should be all means be saved cause it might work perfectly on the next project. I think this is very interesting!

Sue Lelli said...

What a funny post! I appreciate how honest you are! Even if you don't like them now, I KNOW you will pull them out in the future and make something FAB! BTW what is sequin waste???

Julie Lee said...

I thought of you today, Dianne because I met my dear friend, Alison in the Natural History Museum in London and went to an amazing photography exhibition about wildlife! There were humming birds and eagles, orchids and bonsais - anything the natural world can offer.The textures on this post remind me of those you find in nature and what we looked at today. I reckon if you come back to them with fresh eyes you'll make something great, something feathery -some wings or egg-shell fine background for stamping suggests itself to me! Julie Ann xxx

Anonymous said...

they are colourful and leaving to later good endevour

Darnell said...

Your feather stencils are really well done, Dianne! I'm sorry you didn't like how your work has progressed. We've all had dead-ends like that where we've just had to make a u-turn and go back to the beginning and start again. With your talent, you know what you like and what you don't and you'll end up with something you'll be proud of! Enjoy the week! Hugs, Darnell

May said...

So glad to hear you got your distress inks out... I love them!! the feather stencil is great...Looking forward to seeing these used in future projects...Hugs May x x x

Words and Pictures said...

I think you'll return and see amazing possibilities in these tags - to me they are so exciting... full of natural earthy colours, and organic shapes and grungy inky loveliness... definitely another day for them!

And the feathers look fabulous - so impressed you cut your own stencil for them - wow!
Alison xx

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the different look! Those distress ink pads last a long time! Lol! The feathers look amazing!

smarcoux said...

try cutting them up and use them that way if you dont like them... busy busy busy I see .. talk to you tomorrow.
S