Sunday 29 September 2013

STEPS INTO VINTAGE


Hello my Lovelies ^-^.. I have to do this in 2 post AGAIN.
I did do a bit of work on these all inspired by all of you...
The front started with some vintage paper I painted it with
watered down gesso, stamped in green with one of my favorite
stamps..

I first painted it with watered sown acrylic paint, that left it
shiny so I used the gesso, so it would take any stamping..

Yippee I got to use my new stamps I won from the sweet Bibiana.
I love them and have a few ideas how else to use them :O)..

I ended up stamping them again on gray packing paper.
I cut out the smaller squares out of some cardboard  pages
with playing cards on them, these are the back of them, I
stained them with tea and stamped around the edges, not
to neat:), the stamp covers most of it, just needed some
lines, I used a Celtic stamp from my set..

The back of the coasters, I painted over the gesso with tea,
Miss Patty, another awesome Magpie uses tea to paint and
so many other things, Magpie Patty, I know some of you visit
her, I have been wanting to share her with you, she is a mixed
media artist, photographer, seamstress, makes mandalas out of
flowers and more, I'd encourage you to fly by her nest..
I gessoed on a kids stencil, as you see it has cracked on it own.

I went over the stones with some watery black water paint.
I cut, fringed and fitted some tea stained gauze,
cut out in the middle so you could see the rocks.
I stamped all around the edges in black ink..
The finished triptych in in the post below this I hope,
You know how I'm not good at that :O).. 
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Wow - amazing watching the layers build up... I'm off to look at the finished piece now.
Alison x

Julie Lee said...

This is looking amazing, Dianne. I'm flying over to the next post to see how it progresses! Julie Ann xx

MagsB said...

Oh my, thank you for showing all these photos, what lovely soft colours and delicate stamping! it just shows how ordinary coasters can be transformed into works of art!!

love Mags B x

Darnell said...

The transformation of the coasters is magical, Dianne!!

~*~Patty S said...

Aren't you sweet and lovely to give me a shout out...thank you dear magpie!
Those stamps you won are beautiful especially with how you stamped and colored them...gray packing paper is something new to me...
Everything about your coasters is amazing and inspiring!
oxo

Stamping With Bibiana said...

I am so glad that you got to use the stamp ...it does look pretty i like this set too...Hero Arts has some quite beautiful stamps...
bibiana