Wednesday 3 July 2013

WHAT'S ON YOUR WORK DESK WEDNESDAY..


Hello all it's that special day where we get to peek around
the artist desk around the world thanks to our lovely Julia
stamping-ground.blogspot.ca if you would like to see grab
a cuppa and enjoy.
I have been making some keychains for a Magpie cousin.
I wanted to make them all different, I decided to make one metal.
I haven't worked with this before, its a tube of garlic puree.
I started out with some with some stamping up reinkers, nope that 
didn't work but I got 2 time cards of ink out of it, kool.

I tried to make it blend by added a little shimmer ink,
then dropped and blew on one, the other I just left the drops. 
 

Tried some ecoline ink, nope that didn't work either,
tried with the shimmer ink on top to blend together.

This is a little ecoline and tims distressed, dropped
some water on it.

Now I know you need alcohol ink on metal
so back to the drawing board.
Thanks for looking and have a wonderful week.
NAMASTE!!!


Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Julie Lee said...

This is so exciting, Cousin! The effects look amazing. Now there is a little something on its way to you from me. I do hope it arrives safely. I'm beginning to worry and wish I could have carried it to you in my beak because I want to thank you for being a great cousin and I don't know if you can trust the Post Office like you can the Magpie Post!!! Julie Ann xx#54

jill said...

lovely inking fun . Happy woyww Jill #48

Anneke said...

Love the peek on your desk!

Ali H said...

I was just going to say alcohol inks !! Its great fun watch them spread = but only use a tiny amount because if the all merge you just get muddy brown (yes that is the voice of experience you hear !!! ) Ali #28

Nan G said...

If you use a felt applicator you can control the merging a bit better. Good luck Have fun! Thanks for the earlier visit. Happy WOYWW! Nan G #25

Crafting Vicky said...

wow this is really awesome. Love the colors you have done and you look like you are having fun experimenting!!!

Hugs

Vicky
#137

Shelby said...

Looks like you had a fab play with inks!! Love all of the different effects and some of the best work are the oopsies!!

Shelby

April said...

Thank you for sharing your experiment. April #128

Sue Lelli said...

Wow! THAT was interesting to see! Thanks for sharing! Happy 4th of July, Dianne!

Patty Sue 2 said...

These are beautiful. I love the last one and would take reams of paper like this...just in case you ever go into the business.

earthen-magic said...

...(O:

ike said...

Oh WoW - I think these are all amazing. My fave is the first pink one :-)
Happy WOYWW

IKE #30

Claire said...

it's good to experiment - you learn a lot and it's fun!!
thanks for stopping by, happy WOYWW and have a blessed week :)
no. 35

Tonniece said...

Oh the lovelies you get from trying one thing and end up with another. They look so kewl Di. I guess it's true that there are no mistakes in crafting.
Thanks 4 the share
Hugz Tonniece

Julia Dunnit said...

interesting what you learn huh, specially when colouring garlic tubes!! the final result is as lovely as the mixes that didnt work!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Each one is beautiful Dianne. Lovely colors and unique patterns!